[OSList] Zoom in OS

Gray Miller gray at graymillercreative.com
Sat Jan 18 15:36:25 PST 2020

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 11:18:18 -0700
From: Mark Carmel <markacarmel at gmail.com>
To: World wide Open Space Technology email list

Has anyone used Zoom Communications for Open Space Technology? When I
received this hot investment tip from Motley Fool I thought of all you
Disciples of THE Harrison Owen Discipline... all of you wonderful people
who are the worlds leading Peace Makers for Progress ... Now, WE are part
of what Motley Fool is calling the WORKPLACE PRODUCTIVITY INDUSTRY
right?.... Because this is supposed to be the hottest new video tool for
remote conferencing... I wanted to share this with you for your information
only... I have not invested in Zoom, yet, not sure if I will...but I do
hope someone has tried it and has some feedback...

I’ve taught four four-session webinars to groups via Zoom to teach them how
to do Open Space (because I got tired of traveling to their cities to
facilitate them). There’s also a group based here in Madison called “Focus
on Facilitation” that has used zoom for some non-OS meetings with breakout
sessions. Watching them, I’m not 100% convinced it’s suitable for a real
marketplace of ideas - it’s not easy at all to get a sense of what’s
happening in other breakouts, which prevents cross-pollination, and there
are still barriers of tech in terms of video/sound issues.

Harrison, I’d love to hear more about how you’re using it, if you have the
time. Maybe even do a zoom video about it? Or just record one of yours?

Gray