[OSList] Zoom for OST

Lucas Cioffi lucas at qiqochat.com
Sat Jan 18 14:52:48 PST 2020

Hello Mark,

I happened to notice Deb's post below about Zoom, OST, and QiqoChat, so I
made an example event you (and anyone) can try out here
<https://qiqochat.com/e/NSUXPyGNGEeLQgOwDyBIHDLJC/tzfXIBUAXejbWrYcgCDEHvCsS>.
You can create your own event here <https://demo.qiqochat.com>.

I'm an open space facilitator and I'm a software developer.  There have
been other great efforts at opening space online over the years by members
of this community; QiqoChat is my effort to enable OST built on top of
Zoom.

By default Zoom doesn't allow users to move themselves to their own
breakout table.  Here's what we provide:

   - Ten breakout spaces for an event, each with their own Zoom meeting and
   a notes page.  You can change swap out the default simple notes page with a
   Google Doc or some other collaborative online tool that you like (ie
   whiteboard or Google drawings with post-its, etc)
   - The ability for users to see who is in which breakout room and what is
   written in the notes page before they join the Zoom video chat.  They can
   see what's being discussed before they use their two feet.
   - A "community wrapper" to keep your participants connected before &
   after the event is over.  This includes a calendar and a weekly newsletter
   to remind people of any upcoming events.  This is great for when you will
   have a series of online events or if you will even let people create their
   own online events (OST or otherwise).

Since 2015 when we first started integrating with Zoom, about 5000 users
have spent 900,000+ audio/video minutes on Qiqo.  The cost is 1c per minute
per person.

I've also added some lightweight tools that can help with OST and/or
Liberating Structures.  As a facilitator, you can do the following:

   - Set topics for breakout tables (once participants create the agenda,
   you copy-paste the list in the admin's tool and then the topics show up
   near the name for each table)
   - Send a message to all participants
   - View notes for all breakout tables on a single page
   - Assign X people to each breakout table and then randomly reassign them
   in groups of different sizes (great for the 1-2-4-all Liberating Structure)
   - Set a countdown timer to display at all tables (some OST facilitators
   would want this and some would not it's up to you)

This works well with agile project management.  For example, the biggest
user of QiqoChat is a company in Norway that has 60 of its remote workers
on Qiqo every two weeks for their 2-hour retrospective meetings using Zoom
& breakouts, similar to OST.

Coincidentally, over the past few years, I've started thinking about how to
take the site to the next level.  I want to come up with a new model where
facilitators who host events on the platform start earning equity in the
company.  The general idea would be that 75% of the company would be owned
by the community, similar to a co-op model.  If/when we sell, 75% of the
purchase price would go to facilitators worldwide.  If there are some folks
on this list who would like to help shape the effort, please do reach out!

Lucas Cioffi
Founder, QiqoChat.com
Scarsdale, NY
917-528-1831

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 5:16 PM Deborah Hartmann Preuss via OSList <