[OSList] What's going on with the OST entry on Wikipedia lately?

Royle, Karl K.Royle at wlv.ac.uk
Wed Feb 19 09:06:22 PST 2020

Ha, you might want to look at design unbound by Julian Pendleton and Brown (MIT)… I see a space for OS in that paradigm. Or then again..

You may have better things to do ☺

From: OSList <oslist-bounces at lists.openspacetech.org> on behalf of Harrison Owen via OSList <oslist at lists.openspacetech.org>
Reply to: World wide Open Space Technology email list <oslist at lists.openspacetech.org>
Date: Wednesday, 19 February 2020 at 16:42
To: "koos at auryn.nl" <koos at auryn.nl>, 'World wide Open Space Technology email list' <oslist at lists.openspacetech.org>
Cc: Harrison Owen <hhowensr at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [OSList] What's going on with the OST entry on Wikipedia lately?

Go for it Koos! For myself, I am out of the game. When Wikipedia first happened I was invited to do something on OST. Which I did. From then on we/I got well intentioned notes to “use impartial 3rd party sources. Two problems: The only source I had is me (hardly impartial) AND nobody in the Academic community has seen fit to write a serious peer reviewed article about OST. Weird, but understandable – a whole mess of tenured positions could be at stake! Just imagine what would happen to the Organization Design Depts. If Open Space actually worked, and worse yet… was actually chronicled and certified as “working” – whatever that might mean. Academic heads would definitely roll! And with good reason. One of the last times I worked with a large (American) corporation on a “sticky issue” the assembled group did in two days what they had previously failed to do in two years. The chief of that operation called me on the Monday to tell me that “He hated me.” He had two reasons: 1) He now had to return to all the boring corporate meetings – knowing full well that an alternative does exist. 2) He also had to admit that two years of intense (expensive) effort had produced failure – which had been rectified in two days – with virtually no effort on his part. Great addition to the CV! And I’m supposed to write-up this kind of stuff? Crazy I am … but masochistic NO-Way. Good luck. And no this was not AT&T. Bigger and richer!

ho