[OSList] From Open Space to objectives and key results (OKRs)?

Jake Yeager jacob.yeager at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 14:39:10 PST 2020

Thank you everyone for your feedback! It is much welcomed, and you have
provided a lot to chew on. It's such a treat to hear from experienced
practitioners.

Some info:

   - I have one day for the event
   - There are about 30 participants: assistant managers to the SVP
   - Objectives are strategic initiatives, and key results are how you
   measure your success
   - We need to define both objectives and key results by the end of the
   day: so, it's a tight time-frame

At this moment, I feel that I am too far down the line with the sponsor to
switch up the schedule too much.

I learned 25/10 Crowdsourcing in my Open Space Genuine Contact training for
formulating recommendations and have found it to work well. That said, I am
open to learning how to let go of control even more and will explore the
many options provided on this thread for future events. I'm definitely open
to learning more about how I can work "less hard" per Michael Pannwitz's
comment. :)

Also, I have incorporated some of your suggestions in my "convergence"
design:

   - After the group generates the top 10 draft objectives from 25/10
   Crowdsourcing, I will invite the group to arrange them into 3 themes rather
   than voting on them.
   - I will invite self-organization to refine the themes in parallel. The
   group members will be able to choose which theme(s) they want to refine (or
   not) in a series of sprints with sprint reviews. The same setup with key
   results.

Learning as I go as we all do. :)

Much love,
Jake

When the mind is quiet, the sun of your heart will shine once again, and
you will be free of problems.
 - Robert Adams <http://www.robert-adams.info/>