[OSList] Host your first online open space for free (up to 200 participants)

Lucas Cioffi lucas at qiqochat.com
Thu Aug 20 23:36:06 PDT 2020

Hi All,

The world sure needs a little OS right now.

Many OS facilitators haven't had the chance to facilitate one online yet.
Here are two of the first barriers you face:
1) you need a client that wants online OS, and
2) you need to get comfortable using the tech

As we know with in-person OS, the best way to learn it is to try it.  Let's
see if we can help people on this list overcome the two barriers listed
above.

*Overcoming the Lack of a Client*
First, I'd like to provide free use of Qiqo for any on the OS List who
wants to host their first OS online, up to 200 participants in a 1-day OS.
With the platform being free, then there's less of a need to get a client
to pay -- the only remaining cost is your time.  Maybe participants will
donate, maybe you can charge a fee, or maybe it's worth it to you to bring
OS to an organization that needs it but cannot afford to pay.  This is an
opportunity to do that.  If you run this first one well, then your
participants might become your next clients.

*Overcoming the Learning Curve*
Fortunately, you do not need to learn the tech on your own.  If enough
folks on this list are interested, we'll form groups of 3-4 facilitators
who can meet once per week for an hour to share their progress and to
provide constructive suggestions to each other.  I will be available for
free trainings and open office hours each week here
<https://learn.qiqochat.com/events>.

*Who is this for?*
This offer applies to anyone who has not yet hosted an online open space
event on Qiqo.  If interested, please send me an email before September
1st.  The event can happen any time in 2020.  You can do this as a free
event or you can earn money from it -- that's 100% up to you.

I'm sharing this email with the OSList, NCDD, and the Liberating Structures
Slack Community.

Lucas Cioffi
Lead Software Engineer, QiqoChat.com
Scarsdale, NY