[OSList] Meeting of the tribes: Our gifts for crisis and change

Chris Corrigan chris.corrigan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 16:05:10 PDT 2020

I heard a lovely a succinct line from Valdis Krebs yesterday:

Similarities are where we connect, difference is where we innovate.  The art of invitation is creating a group with similarities and differences operating at a nice creative tension.  Not everyone in a system needs to be connected to everyone else. But if everyone is a stranger, there is not enough coherence to self-organize.  Self-organization needs you to strike a healthy balance between the two.

Chris