[OSList] A few Tennesseans Going walk-about from Berlin to Rome

Barry Owen barryowenost at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 13:49:39 PST 2019

Greetings all!

A few months ago, my friend Buck mentioned that he would like to explore
"Europe" in the Spring of 2020. The only international travel I've done was
with the Army and was far from anything resembling "vacation", so I took
the bait with a simple: "I'm IN!"

Between then and now, we occasionally mentioned that we might want to do
some research to figure out what that trip might look like. Neither of us
is a fan of traditional "TourBus" exploring, and #WOSONOS2019 inspired us
to start working on a plan beginning with flying into Berlin and then with
a combination of planes, trains, and automobiles visiting as many of the
"coolest" cities possible in @ 16 days. The idea is to "travel light" but
not camping - spending nights in Inns or "Vacation Rentals" and also visit
with many Open Space friends along the way.

Last night, we studied the map and came up with a "LIVELY plan" which, of
course, may change - We fully expect to be surprised. Perhaps a European
version of Suzanne Daigle's "Open Space on the Open air/rail/road"

So . . . who's out there who lives relatively close to our rambling path?

Our "rough draft" for this journey looks something like this:

April 5- in to Berlin
April 5-8 Berlin
April 9-10 Brussels
April 11-12 Stuttgart (Porsche)
April 13-15 Milan
April 16-17 Venice
April 18-19 Florence
April 20-22 Rome and out

I'd also love a little feedback . . . Is this too much to do in too little
time?
What is a MUST destination along our trek that we might not have considered.

I'm not certain of our theme for this Open Space adventure . . . any ideas?

We wish to learn and contribute everywhere we go :-)

*Barry Owen*
*Inviter - Facilitator/Practicer of Open Space Technology *
*Opening and Holding safe space for people and organizations to
self-organize around important issues and opportunities. *
*Invite - Listen - Love*

*615-568-2123*
*BarryOwen.us <http://BarryOwen.us>*

*4004 Hillsboro Pike B234*