[OSList] Feedback Requested - Coaching in Open Space

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 10:25:07 PDT 2019

Dear Jake,

So very happy we met at International House in NYC this year and ecstatic
to see you jump into Open Space with as much passion and fervor.
I read the document you sent and smiled (with delight and a touch of whimsy
- if you permit me).

Indeed there is much in the role of an Open Space facilitator and a coach
that parallels. What came to mind for me as I read it was to peel away all
the words, descriptions and questions. To absorb the value and intent of
what you wrote without making it prescriptive and then, I imagined you
simply sinking into the opening and holding of space. Yes be guided by the
theme (in whatever words that speak to what the coachee is looking for,
passionate about and wants to take accountability for); yes in you feeling
and living the principles and law, with ample room for the "be prepared to
be surprised" for both of you. No words need be uttered or expressed about
OS because the spirit of it will be felt, discovered and experienced.

My inclination, to borrow from the title of one of Harrison's books is that
you and the coachee will be EXPANDING OUR NOW while you are together, for
mutual learning, mutual sharing and mutual outcome in a way where "less is
more" because the space will continually open and close, again and again.
You will be opening and holding that space... together!

Suzanne
202-722-2009
www.nufocusgroupusa.com

Suzanne Daigle
Open Space Facilitator
NuFocus Strategic Group

FL 941-359-8877
Cell: 203-722-2009
www.nufocusgroupusa.com
s.daigle at nufocusgroup.com
Twitter @Daiglesuz

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 9:08 AM Barry Owen via OSList <