[OSList] Fwd: Re: number of breakout groups

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 15:11:05 PDT 2019

Dear Jeff,

what I usually see in ost events in these parts and what I encourage to
show is a big sign shortly before your reach the space saying "Welcome"
(Herzlich willkommen), just as you enter the space a big sign saying "Be
prepared to be surprised" (Augen auf! Mit Überraschungen ist zu
rechnen.), a big sign stating the Theme that you see as you step into
the space, 4 (or 5) big signs posted in the space with the principles
(Tatsachen des Lebens), two big signs with a butterfly and a bumblebee,
The Law, and the agenda for the event... and a huge empty wall, the
bulletin board.
If all that is in place  and spaced around the room and in plain sight
and in big letters so that it can be seen and read from any place in the
space it is an OST event, of course. Anything less or more is nothing
but a vain attempt to have "OST with a twist".
When I think of this setting or visualize it I am instantly in the mood
to post issues and quickly get into breakout groups.
And now I wonder if this simple stuff, visualized, without a spoken word
is not one of the main parameter for the event to fly.

Have a great day in San Francisco
mmp