[OSList] number of breakout groups

Birgitt Williams birgitt at dalarinternational.com
Thu Jun 6 12:17:15 PDT 2019

There are considerations regarding break-out spaces and the main space that
go beyond the metrics presented so far. Clients, over time have helped me
to understand

1.I need to pay attention to sound so that the break out circles are not
all clustered in the main room, near each other, making it super hard for
the many with hearing challenges to hear...and to participate fully.
Hearing challenges related to listening with too much background chatter
need to be considered.

2.need to pay attention to toxicity in the air and ask that participants
avoid the use of scented products....those who are sensitive to smells such
as perfumes get headaches and more...and have difficulty participating
fully.

3. need to pay attention to some simple safety measures for those with
failing eyesight...such as avoiding situations of markers left about on the
floor...a safety hazard

There is more to be considered...for the many people with different
challenges be they physical or mental health challenges. I hope others
could add to this list based on experience.

I prefer to have no breakout space planned for the plenary room, and then
use this room as my backup room for the unexpected...and there is always
something unexpected that happens.

Wishing all those who are so passionate about Open Space Technology
continued joy with this impactful work!

in genuine contact,
Birgitt

*Birgitt Williams*
*Supporting Next Level Leadership "Leading So People Will Lead"*
Author, Senior Consultant, President Dalar International Consultancy, Inc
<http://www.dalarinternational.com/>
Founder Genuine Contact Program
<http://www.dalarinternational.com/genuine-contact>
Co-owner Genuine Contact Group, LLC
<https://genuinecontact.net/about/co-owners/>
Founder Extraordinary Leadership Network
<http://www.extraordinaryleadershipnetwork.com/>

*Learn with us for your growth and development for the new leadership
paradigm *

Genuine Contact Summer Academy
<https://www.dalarinternational.com/summer-academy-2019/> theme is Genuine
Contact: a holistic approach to change June 22-28, 2019 Kitchener-Waterloo,
Ontario, Canada--early bird registration price still in effect.
Approximately 30 participants from many countries taking a deep dive into
working with change, learning more about thriving in today's performance
environment of constant change.

*Trail-Blazing Membership to the International Community of Practice
Available Now <https://genuinecontact.net/membership/>--*the international
community of practice working with the Genuine Contact program since 2001
is now evolving itself as a membership organization. Trail Blazing members
have the opportunity from now through August 2019 to help develop the
membership model. I hope that you will become a Trail-Blazing Member,
adding your support to the growth of Genuine Contact in the world...and
there are membership benefits that are sure to make this worth your
commitment.

PO Box 19373, Raleigh, NC, USA 27613
Phone: 01-919-522-7750

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 11:06 AM Lori Palano via OSList <