[OSList] number of breakout groups

Dr. Christian Kemper kemper.christian at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 03:02:58 PDT 2019

Am 06.06.19 um 01:10 schrieb Michael M Pannwitz via OSList:

> I wonder what additional parameters other than than number of
> participants and length of the event would have to be considered for a
> more reliable tool to predict the number of issues to be expected at
> an OST event.

Hihi, Michael:-)

As far as I experienced there is no rule or reliable answer to this
question - it depends on so many factors (e.g. how urgent is the os, how
complex the question, how unknown the answer, how conflictual the
problem, how diverse the group and so on).

But one thing I was able to see so often is that the younger the people
are the more issues they raise. In open spaces with children there are
sometimes as many issues as people participate, the maximum I saw was
1.3 issues per person (in a 1.5 day os with around 100 people).

I also remember one girl who raised eleven issues in a three-day open
space with six starting times.

And i remember the boy, who negotiated his issue in the same open space
over the whole time, again and again and supplemented and expanded it
and finally probably negotiated with all 250 people right up to the
action planning. It was: "Cocoa instead of milk in the breaks". At the
next meeting he reported and justified with a broad chest and proudly
that it was not implemented after he had gone through all school
instances (and democracy learned from it).

Sunny greetings to all of you!

Christian

--

Dr. Christian Kemper | inbetweener | Prinz-Albert-Strasse 73 | D-53113
Bonn |

--
Dr. Christian Kemper | inbetweener | Prinz-Albert-Straße 73 | D-53113