[OSList] Danona Donea ARTOS; (OS-like art and culture celebration)_13th of July in Mundaka (Basque Country)

Eleder_BuM eleder.aurtenetxe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 02:03:15 PST 2019

Harold and all good os-friends around, good typicl sunny-rainy winter
morning from Bilbao!

Now a calm moment in last busy times that kept me quite out of the list for
long.

Just this few words to say hello and great thanks for this great community
and tell you we, more and more of us, are still  doing and learning more
and more open space around the Basque Country!

Harold, remember you taking part in and sagely feeding (in Wosonos 2012
London maybe?) a conversation on* "how would it be an os-like  art/culture
celebrattion gathering?".* There we figured up some good ideas, remember?

You would love to know, I guess, that this is becoming a reality here, and
this year we´ll do the stuff second and improved time, this time a
one-day-long "art-os" on the 13th of July in Mundaka.

Danona Donea festival (referring in Basque, more or less to, "*let´s take
care of and celebrate the communal lands and a participative way of
celebrating art and life"*) was started in 2018 with very few planning.

Complexity, urgence, diversity, clear issue and conflict were so present
that some of us felt a strong will, to response constructively  to a very
ugly (consumerist, environment haring, exclusive, privatizer, illegally
supported by local institutions,...) big music festival that occupied for
one week the most beautiful lands of Mundaka (a 2000 people touristic
village, becoming 7000 in summer,... you probably know the tourism issue,
more and more conflictive around the world).

[image: image.png][image: image.png]

As said, Danona Donea (here some more specific explanations in Basque)
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F3lHqKHRbbVndJuAJmYEMt0TTNcbMgVc7G53DPU8yvc/edit?usp=sharing>,
13th of July in Mundaka:

   - no micros nor electricity/no stage/no selling in the lands (as one can
   easily walk to local shops iin 5 min)... definetely, *less is more!*
   - much art, much co-creativty and co-inspiration ;-), free lodging in
   locals`homes. Nice spirit!

all of you invited, spread the word an keep the great and fun work!

love,

Eleder
(+0034).638733223

ps, Harold, Harrison,... thanks for the videos, we´ll love watching them
and spreading the word!

Hau idatzi du Harold Shinsato via OSList (oslist at lists.openspacetech.org)
erabiltzaileak (2019 urt. 27, ig. (04:39)):