[OSList] Report From The Field

john watkins johnw536 at mac.com
Wed Jan 9 10:03:44 PST 2019

As Dave Snowden says, in his Cynefin framework, in complex spaces, the leader’s role is to “probe, categorize, and respond (and practice is emergent);” whereas, in the chaotic space, the work is to “act, sense, and respond (and practice is always novel).” Probing can often be a “safe to fail experiment.” It would seem that, even in a space where the broader political leadership is as negative as we are experiencing now, within our own contexts, we must still build pioneering communities, to use Margaret Wheatley’s phrase, and open space seems ideally suited to both the response to complexity and the response to chaos, to help with that co-construction…

John W.

----    ----    ----    ----    ----
John Watkins, Ed.D.
Co-Director, The Deeper Learning Dozen
Inquiry & Learning for Change
517 59th Street
Oakland CA 94609
510-388-9370
johnw536 at mac.com
http://inquirylearningchange.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnmwatkins
http://www.facebook.com/InquiryandLearningforChange

“Today the cutting-edge work for wisdom driven people is to build wisdom driven organizations.” - TheTransitioner - Pioneers

"Tomorrow's humanity is a pure piece of Art."  - Jean-Francois Noubel