[OSList] Report From The Field

Mark Carmel markacarmel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 17:41:39 PST 2019

Greetings Fellow OST Practitioners!

It is an honor to join you once again.  I met the great Harrison Owen in
the early 1990's and began immediately facilitating Open Space.  I hope
some of you remember me.  Guided by Harrison's mentor-ship I set the world
record with a 700 person group in 1993, the largest at the time for an
educational transformation.

To my fellow followers of His Honor, Harrison "The GREAT" Owen, THE
Inventor of the Magic and Miracle of OPEN SPACE, (or the Receiver, from the
Great Inventor...) I honor you for carrying on His Legacy.

May I suggest to ALL, that when the Space is Opened to the Spirit of
Change, you are playing with the fire of the crucible right there,
fomenting the ferver that IS the crux of CHAOS, and thus bringing out the
very, very Good in people, and also, sometimes, the bad.  In all your
preparations, beware of the evil spirits that seek the status quo at all
costs, sometimes, literally.  Change dies hard, as it is said, and in
America, we now live in Retaliation Nation, where change, may be, and is,
often, met with resistance.

To fortify oneself against the forces that WILL seek to undermine change
(and not in an open way, quite the contrary), and undermine the change
agents championing change, one tidbit of hopefully useful observation is
warranted:  Make SURE Leadership is SOLID!

It is such a joy to see O.S.T. alive and well.  We ALL have Harrison to
thank for His Gift of the Spirit of Human Understanding, Peace, and
Reconciliation.  Thank YOU, dear Father Harrison Owen!!

Cheers!  Long May OST Live!!

O - Open Invitation
S - System Innovation
T - Transformation Communication