[OSList] Fwd: The Practice of Peace (2nd Edition) Book

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:34:13 PST 2019

Dear Michael H. and Martin,

I checked with Human Systems Dynamics Institute in Minnesota who
published the 2nd edition of The Practice of Peace (this is the version
that HO has on his website to download
https://www.openspaceworld.com/final%20pop%20hdsi.pdf

the publisher still has some some of the books and is ready to provide
them, here is the contact email address rholladay at hsdinstitute.org

If you, Martin, are in Europe, you can also get a copy directly from me
(I have a number of the books in my office); or order it from the online
bookstore of my publisher in Berlin
https://www.westkreuz-verlag.de/de/the-practice-of-peace
who also has the German versions both in paper or as an ebook
https://www.westkreuz-verlag.de/de/Raum-fuer-den-Frieden
https://www.westkreuz-verlag.de/de/Raum-fuer-den-Frieden-E-Book

The story of how "The Practice of Peace" originally did not find a
publisher and how HO liberated it so any of us could simply print and
distribute it, is one of the great stories that demonstrate the spirit
of os-workers around the globe. It was simultaneously published by
colleagues within weeks after HO let go of it in Germany, USA, Canada,
Australia, Sweden, Haiti, Taiwan and Israel. I wonder in what languages
it is available other than English and German.

Apart from all that, Pop is a gem. When I get to feel out of whack or in
chaos, I read in it... for instance in Chapter VI where you can find
some guiding points for peacemakers:

Never work hareder than you have to.
Don't fix it if it ain't broke.
Never delude yourself into thinking you are in control.

Greetings from Berlin
mmp

--
Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
mmpannwitz at gmail.com

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 473 resident Open
Space Workers in 76 countries working in a total of 148 countries worldwide
www.openspaceworldmap.org

At my publisher you find books and task cards on open space, most in
German, some in English, some as ebooks, some multilingual
https://www.westkreuz-verlag.de/de/Kommunikation