[OSList] PEACE and HIGH PERFORMANCE in New York City - January 17th - 19th, 2020

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 12:34:27 PST 2019

*Hello dear Open Space community of colleagues and friends,*

With the holidays at our doorstep and a new decade just around the corner,
how can one not feel grateful for the gift of Open Space in our lives. Many
on this list got their first exposure to Open Space at International House
in New York City; for others, like me, it happened elsewhere though indeed,
it's at this Peace and High Performance gathering that I deepened and
celebrated my continued learning and growth in the practice of this process
which is so much more. A way of living really.

This year, as people I know, and others who I have yet to meet, have
registered to attend, I feel the deep stirring of welcome and conviviality
inside me, knowing the big issues ahead that will be discussed; knowing how
influential and impactful it will be to have the folks who will be there
there and who are connected to so many, will affect others before, during
and after. In 2013, the WOSonOS theme in Florida was *The World is Waiting;
Are We Ready*?  In 2019, it was *Honoring the Ineffable Spirit of Open
Space*. Both are an invitation to open more space and to continue to open
space everywhere and anywhere. This year in partnership with the World
Happiness Fest, that's exactly what we'll be doing.

*If you want to experience* what it feels like to be at International
House, watch this short 2.5 minute video (not extremely professional but
through images, it conveys the spirit of what it's like to be there).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t00zgZWflig&feature=youtu.be

*If you want to be reminded* of the purpose of this gathering which was
inspired in large part by Harrison Owen's book The Practice of Peace, let
yourself be guided by these timeless and timely words of his:

*Excerpt from the back cover of Harrison's book*

   - *Peace is not the absence of chaos, confusion, and conflict*
   - *...conflict in all its forms is an essential, albeit painful, element
   of life, and life without conflict is only a lobotomized shadow of its
   former self. *
   - *Peace then is a process, not a thing; a journey and not a destination*
   - *The true power lies with the incredible capacity of self-organizing
   systems to create Peace for themselves and with their environments. *
   - *Order appears in chaos. Nobody did it. Not a committee or executive
   in sight, but things definitely get organized at a new and higher level of
   complexity. *

Who can set the conditions for peace to self-organize? Anyone and everyone
-

   - Business and political leaders
   - Neighbors
   - Lovers and friends
   - Engineers and sales people
   - Teachers and learners
   - Parents and children
   - You

The *Practice of Peace* opens a space for peace to emerge in each of us and
for all our collectives.

*If you want to exponentially ignite and inspire* yourself and others to
all that we imagine possible, *please join us at International House in
2020*.
https://osius.org/peace-high-performance-2020

*Thank you and Welcome!*
Suzanne, Karen, Harrison, OSI US and all of us who are part of inviting for
this gathering

Suzanne Daigle
Open Space Facilitator
NuFocus Strategic Group