[OSList] Movement/Dance/Somatics/Embodiment - opening space within & without!

Tricia Chirumbole trchirumbole at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 14:06:09 PST 2019

Hello all!!

This may be a teeny tiny bit off topic, but I will try to make it relevant!

I am looking for your reflections, insights, advice, referrals, etc. in
respect to work that I am doing and looking to expand/deepen.

Some of you may know that I have a strong interest in
movement/dance/embodiment, particularly in application to personal growth,
healing/transformation, "mindfulness", and the connections & growth
possible within groups and systems through body wisdom, embodiment
practice, and collective movement.

The awareness and acceptance of the value of the body as both a source of
wisdom and an important modality for emotional processing, healing trauma,
creative expression, group connection, seems to be growing in a number of
arenas, applications, and communities.

I am currently exploring potential areas for expanding my learning and my
practice and gathering information and insights, as well as exploring
within, so that I can choose where to focus my energies.

My questions to this community are: Do you see potential application for
movement/somatics work within any of the communities or organizations where
you work?

If so, can you identify where/how you can imagine the integration of body
and movement into the work that you do or the life/workflow of the people
with whom you work?

I welcome any and all insights and reflections and referrals! I see this
work, the way that I approach it, as truly an invitation to open space
within oneself and within communities through exploration of body and
movement in a way that is liberated from form, function, expectation, or
expertise.

I hope that makes sense! I welcome all questions as well! Thank you in
advance! <3