[OSList] 30 year celebration!

Jeff Aitken r.jeff.aitken at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 07:24:10 PDT 2019

Hi Michael: We enjoyed twice yearly OS retreats in the MA program for 7
years while I worked there, and then I brought it into my small PhD program
in cultural recovery and wrote a dissertation with OS as my research "muse".

Angeles Arrien taught at CIIS, and her wisdom on the OS "four principles of
detachment" (from her book The Four-Fold Way) was a key in my research.
Along with Harrison's palette of Hebrew stories and Kpelle ceremony and
Tibetan bardo teachings in his painting of OS.

But it hasn't been a constant feature in the larger university. In 2010 and
2011 I cohosted the faculty-staff opening retreat in OS with Heidi Nobantu
Saul. This year was the first that we returned to OS for our day of
re-gathering before the school year.

The MA in Leadership has offered OS in several of their one-week
residential student retreats each semester.

Jeff

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019, 2:08 AM Michael M Pannwitz via OSList <