[OSList] Why CERTIFICATION makes sense considering this conversation on Mission, Vision Strategy Plans, etc.

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 04:25:56 PDT 2019

Dear Alan,

its really a tough life.
I enjoy your admonition.

Looking at my practice in regard to reading, I see that I guide/misguide
myself by accepting sources in various ways.
For instance the local "Bild" newspaper is simply good at distracting me
and I believe nothing they print, including their pictures.
And looking at the other papers I read or look through, I see a
hierarchy, just by the name of the paper. This I need to pay more
attention to.
And I realize that other folks have really different hierarchies.

I often help myself by looking into the huge Webster Dictionnary on my
desk. Under "meditation" it says, among other things:
"continued application of the mind"
and cites Grandell Hicks with:
"enforced seclusion has given him opportunity for the meditation out of
which this novel has come".

Ok, this could mean that my practice of reading the entire "User's
Guide" everytime before I facilitated an ost event (for which I needed a
dgree of seclusion and some time) was "application of mind".
Sticking to the Webster's definition my practice could be called
"meditation".

So that is me training myself? Just reading?
What I did notice reading the Guide (which I did 200 times) is that
there was always something new, something I had not consciously seen
before.
Of course, each read was followed by experiencing myself as facilitator
(200 times). No wonder I kept discovering stuff.

cheers
mmp

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49 - 30-772 8000
mmpannwitz at gmail.com

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 487 resident Open
Space Workers in 76 countries working in a total of 142 countries worldwide
www.openspaceworldmap.org

At my publisher you find books and task cards on open space, most in
German, some in English, some as ebooks, some multilingual
https://www.westkreuz-verlag.de/de/Kommunikation