[OSList] Ten Weeks in Open Space

Royle, Karl K.Royle at wlv.ac.uk
Tue Apr 16 11:28:25 PDT 2019

Dear Harrison

Sounds great. We have used open space at our university and I use it on my module but have never used it for a sequence of sessions. I think perhaps it may work better in this format for adult education although I could see it working for all sorts of other topics now I thing about it. I was recently reading a book by Valoufakis the Greek ex minister and economist. He distinguishes between goods and commodities. As most universities are busy commodifying education when they are met with a ‘good’ such as OST it is hard for them to measure, quantify and grasp its significance. They might see it as some sort of subversion… which is all good.

Best

Karl