[OSList] Teaching OST

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 00:54:24 PDT 2019

Dear Anthi and you others out there,

as some of us have discovered, OST can not be taught in the traditional
sense. In a way, I cant think of anything that can be taught in the
traditional way. Especially when it comes to depth.
The mantra here is you can neither teach nor learn OST but if you are
lucky, you can remember it.
Now the remembering process is not something that happens much in
traditional learning. Even getting into OST is too complex for teaching
and learning, but folks love to do it anyhow and have come up with
entire programms. That might be one of the reasons why some of what is
named OST or open space appears so far away from the real thing.

For remembering, if that is what will do the trick, its not teaching and
learning but getting into such modes as "open space on open space". Here
form and function are interwoven. An "event" is experienced by those
that have followed an invitation to come to such an event and are
physically at the event where time and space are open for spirit,
selforganisation, high play, hilarious fun ...
Now, imagine you get certified for something that is remembered.
Possible? I and some others that have been involved in "ost trainings"
conducted totally in OST, the 3 to 5 day variety, simply issue
participants a paper that certifies their attendance.

Some of the participants will later add to their cv that they have been
to such an event and sometimes mention who invited to it. That has
always puzzled me. Is that a cowtow to widely spread norms? An attempt
to impress potential clients?

Greetings from Berlin on a sunny April morning...
mmp

Am 10.04.2019 um 07:04 schrieb ANTHI THEIOPOULOU via OSList:
> Hi Harrison,
>
> We are also offering FREE a single-user account of the software to ALL.
> I have learned from you so I couldn’t do it any differently than you.
>
> The certification is NOT in OST, is in Organizational Learning (OL) and
> Systems Thinking (ST). We are not teaching technologies that are already
> widely taught very well like OST or AoH or SoL basic trainings. We
> actually ask one of thee training to have been already taken in order to
> take the exam for the certification.
>
> I would deeply appreciate if you could use your free account of the
> software and share your reflections. The innovation is the software that
> allows scaling up of participatory leadership, the workshop is a spin off.
>
> Warm greetings and best wishes,
> Anthi
> */Anthi Theiopoulou/*
> */MSc International Management/*
> **
> */CEO &Principal Researcher/*/, *Organizational Learning Self Evaluation
> Tool *(/*OLSET**/ Ltd/*/)/
> /1 E Poultry Avenue London EC1A 9PT United Kingdom, www.olset.
> <http://www.olset.org/>co.uk <http://co.uk/>/
ikation
--
Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
mmpannwitz at gmail.com

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 475 resident Open
Space Workers in 76 countries working in a total of 141 countries worldwide
www.openspaceworldmap.org

At my publisher you find books and task cards on open space, most in
German, some in English, some as ebooks, some multilingual
https://www.westkreuz-verlag.de/de/Kommunikation