[OSList] WOSonOS 2019 Invocations

Alan Halford alan at alanhalford.com.au
Fri Apr 5 02:46:35 PDT 2019

Juliane,
Thank you
love
Alan

On 5 Apr 2019, at 5:34 pm, Juliane Martina Roell (Structure & Process) via OSList <oslist at lists.openspacetech.org> wrote:

Birgitt Williams via OSList schrieb am 02.04.19 um 18:49:
> Dear friends and colleagues in Open Space,
> out of a beautiful sea of possibilities, the one that I choose to put forward for the theme of the WOSONOS 2019 is "Take Up Space. YOU are meant to be here with your whole being".

I always wonder who speaks, when I read or hear sentences like the above.

It sounds so beautiful. Such a noble intention. But who is speaking? Who are YOU to tell "me" what I am "meant to be"?

It sounds so nice. I wish I could belong. I wish I could trust that weird voice that is talking. But who is it?

Shall I tell you about "taking up space" and the consequences for a non-passing transgender person in this world? Shall I tell you about all the times well-meaning privileged people have told me that "I am welcome" "I am meant to be here" "I shall bring my whole being" and the minute I showed up in the wrong way, addressed discrimination or priviledge or spoke with too much anger, I was attacked, assaulted or kicked out from the space?

It sounds so nice: "I am meant to be there". But who are you? And who are you to make such a statement?

Love,

Juliane.

--
Structure & Process  | http://structureprocess.com | @strucproc
Juliane Martina Röll | GSM: +49 178 4984743
Past archives can be viewed here: http://www.mail-archive.com/oslist@lists.openspacetech.org

Alan Halford & Associates
Open Space Technology Aficionados
Mediation and Conflict Transformation