[OSList] WOSonOS 2019 Invocations

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 03:25:51 PDT 2019

Dear Suzanne,

in these parts of the world, folks take everything in with caution that
reaches them or was written on April first. Even what you read in the
papers... actually, our daily paper here in Berlin has an intentional
false piece of news. Everyone looks for it and sends a note to the
paper: They get dozens of notes pointing to news pieces that are in fact
"facts".
So, signing off, you would not say "Happy Monday everyone!" but "Survive
April 1st, everyone!".

I was wondering what you were registering for not having seen a way to
register for the WOSonOS.
But then I read the note all the way to the end and see that there are a
couple of timeslots "to participate in the dialog to invite a successful
WOSonOS 2019" in April.
This started me to think about what "a successful" WOSonOS might be or
what an unsuccessfull WOSonOS would look like. I have been to a few and
was among the sponosrs inviting to a couple in Berlin in the last
decades... if I recall correctly, I had fun, was excited, learned, felt
how me and everbody else were leading, managing, visioning, befriending
each other and experiencing surprises which had me in awe and impacting
me and my work with OST.
And then I remembered the recurring exchanges we had on the "Theme"
ahead of the WOSonOS.
In the face of the experience that the "Theme" was always "Open Space on
Open Space" I kept being surprised how hard sponsors were often working
on that.
Also, I stumbled over "Invocations" (in reference to the April dates).
Not knowing exactly what it means, I went to wikipedia and found that it
is an ambigious term that has many connotations:

--- a form of supplication or prayer
--- the main centering prayer of Universal Sufis
--- an episode in a TV series (The X-Files)
--- a method of starting a subroutine in Computing
and so on

In which way does it relate to OST or the WOSonOS?

I also tried "supplication" which is mentioned in the list above. It says:
"Supplication (also known as petitioning) is a form of prayer, wherein
one party humbly or earnestly asks another party to provide something,
either for the party who is doing the supplicating (e.g., "Please spare
my life.") or on behalf of someone else."
Ok, if you are still with me, I stopped my investigation.

Tonight I will attend a gathering of Democrats Abroad (its amazing how
many of us live/work in Berlin) on the "Theme": "Climate Change:
Individual vs. Collective Action"...
Fighting Climate Change and Fridays For Future are THE themes in Berlin.
Last Friday I joined. There were 25 000 schoolkids skipping school
(totally illegal in Germany). Just great. Has all the prerequisites for
the force of selforganisation to have a ball: urgent, burning issue,
decision time of yesterday, very diverse crowd, komplex context,
voluntary presence, open question, lots of conflict.
On my way home via streetcar a couple of 11 year old girls were
meticulously discussing the merits and faults of the one-way cups they
got at McDonalds and a local organic market, including the drinking straws.

Greetings from a sunny Aprilspringday in Berlin
mmp

Am 01.04.2019 um 22:36 schrieb Suzanne Daigle via OSList:
> Oops realized I'm a week ahead. Just saying in case someone else is
> overly eager.
>
> Happy Monday everyone!
>

> On Apr 1, 2019 1:17 PM, "Suzanne Daigle" <sdaigle4 at gmail.com
> <mailto:sdaigle4 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Thank you Harold. I have just registered.
>     See you tonight.
>     Suzanne
>
>     On Mar 30, 2019 2:43 AM, "Harold Shinsato via OSList"
>     <oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
>     <mailto:oslist at lists.openspacetech.org>> wrote:
>
>         What do you want to have happen for the World Open Space on Open
>         Space 2019, October 25-27 in Cherry Park Hill, Maryland in the
>         Washington D.C. metropolitan area?
>
>         What do you want to have happen in the Open Space community?
>
>         What do you want to have happen, period? For yourself, your
>         community, your world?
>
>         You're invited, either via video/sound during two online events,
>         or at any time, to participate in the dialog to invite a
>         successful WOSonOS 2019.
>
>         We'll be facilitating the dialog in Open Space. You are welcome
>         to attend either or both.
>
>         Part 1:http://bit.ly/wosonos2019invoke1
>         <http://bit.ly/wosonos2019invoke1> - Mon April 8 - 7-9pm edt
>         (evening EDT)
>         Part 2:http://bit.ly/wosonos2019invoke2
>         <http://bit.ly/wosonos2019invoke2> - Sat Apri 13 - 7-9am edt
>         (morning EDT)
>
>         If neither of these times work but you'd still like to help, you
>         can also use either of the QIQO Chat links above to contribute
>         to the dialog online at any time. Or feel free to post to the
>         OSList or any board member via email.

>         Past archives can be viewed here:
>         http://www.mail-archive.com/oslist@lists.openspacetech.org
>         <http://www.mail-archive.com/oslist@lists.openspacetech.org>

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49 - 30-772 8000
mmpannwitz at gmail.com

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 474 resident Open
Space Workers in 76 countries working in a total of 141 countries worldwide
www.openspaceworldmap.org

At my publisher you find books and task cards on open space, most in
German, some in English, some as ebooks, some multilingual
https://www.westkreuz-verlag.de/de/Kommunikation