[OSList] Marking a New National/Regional Educational Policy -examples of Open Space meeting being set up?

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Tue Oct 30 12:15:03 PDT 2018

here is a frequently shared favorite story, inga... complete proceedings
from "future of education in peoria," including invitation, what happened,
notes, voting results.  hosted by the school board.  invitation went home
with every kid and was posted as full-page newspaper ads.
http://www.michaelherman.com/publications/peoria.pdf   ...most interesting
result was that "parental responsibility" was top issue in voting.  the
exact opposite of what happens when the school board is empaneled on the
stage and the parents line up at the microphone in the center aisle of a
dim auditorium with one-way, stage-to-audience acoustical design.  <grin>
echoing some of what chris says, we worked hard to make a distinction
between participant stakeholders "envisioning" the future of eduction they
wanted and "enacting" it through spontaneous votes or other immediate
action.  the new superintendent took the top ten voted issues as her
working agenda for the new school year.

--

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates

http://MichaelHerman.com
http://OpenSpaceWorld.org

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 2:02 PM Chris Corrigan via OSList <