[OSList] Thank you Suzanne (the movie) !!!

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 03:02:12 PST 2018

Dear Harold,

So many words I want to say about this gift that you and others so lovingly
prepared. I was totally shocked when this beautiful video was shown at the
OSI US annual meeting and yes embarrassed too!

It was doubly difficult because in our work of opening and holding space,
there is an invisibility in the work that we do which flys in the face of
all the attention that was directed at me.

Plus my little inner voice immediately went to: "Compared to so many in
this community who have done so much, what I have done is so very little. I
have stood on the shoulders of giants and great mentors..they are so much
more deserving."

In the end, this gift is one to all of us who do this work in Open
Space...who love this work almost more than life itself because it is life.

You say: We love you Suzanne Daigle to which I respond the same: I love YOU
and this community and everyone who shows up when we invite Open Space so
very much.

The love and human connection which emerges so naturally and predictably in
Open Space not withstanding the fact that it is the most elegant, simple
and powerful way of getting things done, created and started that I have
ever seen is why I just want to invite, invite and invite.

Yes there is invisibility in our work when we "facilitate" with a giving of
ourself that is impossible to describe.

But as humans it is said that "tis better to give than to receive". If this
is true, as the facilitators and givers that we are, we must also learn
this gracious and loving act of "receiving" by allowing others to give to
us.

With this great video gift, that's what I learned. To feel the love in the
preparation of this gift, to imagine the laughter, the joy, and the work
that went into it.

The important lesson is that Open Space invites us to be givers and
receivers.  We must learn to do both and be both.

Thank you Harold, Karen, Linda, Mark, Tricia, Kevin and the amazing April
for your amazing gift. Thank you also Harrison for bringing this great gift
of Open Space to our awareness and thank you to all who I have gotten to
know and love so deeply in this world community as dear colleagues and
lifelong friends.

Suzanne xoxo

On Jan 30, 2018 5:43 PM, "Harold Shinsato via OSList" <