[OSList] the story I told when opening space in NYC in 2015

Skye Hirst skyeh at autognomics.org
Sat Jan 6 17:45:06 PST 2018

Thank you for such a lovely thank you stay warm it’s 7 below here tonight
guess u grew up cold hugs

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 8:01 PM Suzanne Daigle via OSList <

> Christine, merci pour le souvenir de ce Forum Ouvert où tu as ouvert une
> espace extraordinaire.  Thank you Christine for the indelible memory of
> this moment in 2015 when you opened the Space in New York. Your words are
> as powerfully resonant as when you told us the story then. Not too long,
> rest assured.  And Skye thank you for extending such a compelling call to
> action for our upcoming gathering.
>
> In honor of what you've both written, I created a collage of photos from
> years past and posted on Facebook. It's a time when each of you were in New
> York.
>

> https://www.facebook.com/groups/7189220743/?multi_permalinks=10156959599630744&notif_id=1515286052533116&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic
>
> Suzanne xoxo
>

> Suzanne Daigle
> Open Space Facilitator
> NuFocus Strategic Group
>
> FL 941-359-8877
> Cell: 203-722-2009
> www.nufocusgroupusa.com
> s.daigle at nufocusgroup.com
> Twitter @Daiglesuz
>

> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 5:22 AM, christine koehler via OSList <
>
>> Dear OS community,
>>
>> As I am preparing myself to open space (and also longing for not being
>> able to join you at the International House next week), I came across the
>> story I wrote just after the Paris attack in 2015 and that I told when
>> opening space for the Practice of Peace.
>> Reading it again after those years, I believe it is too long a story to
>> be used to open space.
>> However, I remember how meaningful it was for me at that time to be able
>> to connect the terrible events I had gone through and the hope I had (and
>> still have) that opening space might be one very meaningful way to act when
>> dealing with events that bring sorrow to life. How meaningful it was also
>> to be able to share my story with you.
>> This summer, while attending an Art of Hosting gathering, I met a man
>> from Austria whose son was deeply injured in the next attack, in November
>> of the same year, in Bataclan, the club where 130 persons were killed.  His
>> family is still today heavily impacted by those terrible days. This made me
>> think that those stories may still be worth sharing.
>>
>> Here it goes.
>>
>> "To begin this seminar and welcome you I could offer you the story of
>> this year theme *“Opening Space for Peace and High Performance in Work
>> and in Life: Navigating Chaos, Confusion and Conflict »*. The first part
>> « Peace and High performance » comes from Harrison. As he loves to tell
>> stories, I am sure he will be delighted to tell it to you when he will be
>> there this afternoon or in the coming days. And if you forget to ask him,
>> just read his book « Wave Rider: leadership for high performance » where
>> the story is being told.
>>
>> Instead I will tell you how strong those words echoed for me in the past
> [...]

*Skye Hirst, PhD*
President - The Autognomics Institute
*Conversations in Radical Self-Knowing*
www.autognomics.org
@autognomics
207-593-8074

*"Nature ever flows, stands never still. Motion or change is her mode of
existence."*
*- Ralph Waldo Emerson*