[OSList] A Question About Safety

Harrison Owen hhowensr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 05:19:03 PDT 2018

Mona… In all the years that I have facilitated/participated in Open Space I have never seen any physical violence. Tense situations for sure, but the group always handled it and, most importantly, learned from it. I think I understand what you mean with a “code of conduct” but I’ve never seen the need for it and more to the point such a code could shift responsibility for humane behavior from the individual to the Code. My hope is always to “ultimize” (no such word, I know) each person’s responsibility for themselves and their fellows. That it always (in my experience) seem to work may prove something?

ho