[OSList] A Question About Safety

David Osborne dosborne at change-fusion.com
Tue Aug 21 03:25:12 PDT 2018

Quoting from Harrison in *The Practice of Peace.*

Stuart Kaufman's original work which focused on biological systems aka the
emergence of life on earth describes five pre-conditions for open space,
one of which is "*A safe, nutrient-rich environment."   *Harrison goes on
to describe the equivalent for Human systems as *"some kind of safety and
support in the overall environment."*

I interpret safety as a psychologically safe space where individuals can
act and speak ( take risks, share diverse views etc.

Can it be too safe to support self-organization?

David

*David R. Osborne*
Organization and Leadership Development

6402 Arlington Blvd., Suite 1120, Falls Church, VA 22042
703-939-1777   |   dosborne at change-fusion.com   |   change-fusion.com