[OSList] Is there experience in developing Open Space further in organizations and networks after the initial intervention

Harrison Owen hhowensr at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 14:27:47 PDT 2018

Jan Rachel is probably coming from her own special place, but I would judge we end up at the same point. I think we save lots of time and energy when we are sensitive to what is already present and try to enhance or enable it… as opposed to starting from scratch. When I work with a client (all those years ago) I would point out, should the occasion arise, that Open Space might look a little different (sitting in circles, etc) but it was pretty much what they were already doing in those moments when they really under the gun and trying to accomplish something. Certainly they might have formal meetings, issue memos, emails etc – but in the “crunch time” (American for serious talk) they would “huddle up.” Which is just another word for forming a circle. Really effective organizations (High Performing Systems) simply bypass the formal stuff and get right to the circle. We can help them do that.

Harrison

Winter Address

7808 River Falls Dr.

Potomac, MD 20854