[OSList] what convergence after 3 OS events ?

Carmela Ariza carmela_ariza at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 23:15:46 PDT 2017

Hi Michael
Thanks for sharing your experience.  This could also help Christine decide on the process design.
Warm regards
Carms

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, October 20, 2017, 12:46, Michael M Pannwitz <mmpannwitz at gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Ariza,

on several occasions that I was involved in as facilitator, there were
Action Planning/Action Space events a week or two weeks after the OST
gathering (the 3.5 hour version without any prioritisation or harvesting
of what had happend in the OST meeting but with everyone reading and
augmenting the report sheets before they were distributed to all).

Several things I noticed:

--- fewer folks (about one third of those who had come to the OST event)
came
--- new folks who had not been at the OST event came (my assumptions:
they were invited by people who had been at the OST event because they
were needed for whatever reason, they could not attend the original OST
event for whatever reason)
--- the time after the exciting and creative OST event back in the
everyday life of the organization appears to have had the character of a
"reality check"  producing sustainable agreements on Next Steps to be taken
--- new projects for which I could not see any evidence in the Book of
Proceedings that was produced at the end of the OST event.

In my approach there is a 3.5 hour Planning Meeting session before the
OST event. One of the key tasks there is to identify who needs to be
invited to the event to productively work on what people attending the
Planning Meeting envisioned to be the outcome of the OST event under the
Topic for the event that they had agreed on.
Of course, the folks planning the OST event are at the Planning Meeting
and they also come to the event in the role of sponsor.
This is the prerequisite for having everyone needed to be invited.
No need to focus on the "leaders", especially if you work under the
assumption that all who come "lead". If formald "leaders" dont show up,
the "leaders" present in the OST event and in the Action Planning will
come up with ingenious ways to get the formal "leaders" involved.

Liebe Christine,
jetzt muss Dir ja der Kopf rauchen mit so vielen Hinweisen, Ratschlägen,
etc. Du bist auf jeden Fall die Richtige für dieses Projekt!

Greetings from Berlin where I am enjoying the quickly changing pastel
hues of an early fall sunrise

mmmp