[OSList] what convergence after 3 OS events ?

christine koehler chris.alice.koehler at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 11:21:21 PDT 2017

Dear friends and colleagues,

May I ask for advice, ideas and/or  stories ?

I am preparing for a company (owned by its employees)  3 one and a half
days of OS that will host around 300 participants each.
The 3 events will take place one after the other, but each with different
participants. The whole company has been invited and almost everyone is
coming. Only the CEO and the GM will attend the 3 of them.
The theme is the same for the 3 events: re-invent the company.  They are on
a market that is completely changing those days and they have a very
ambitious goal with acquisitions (at the time the OS will take place, there
will be 200 people more in the company, and they are invited) and
diversification. They have begun looking for new markets and hope to
continue that with the OS. So their expectations are huge : new
organizational models for a new company, new projects, new synergies,
hopefully a new management model.

The leadership team is following very carefully the event but they are
already facing overload. They expect to have to prioritize the projects
that come out of the OS as they expect many projects and probably won't be
able to fund all of them.
They are aware they should invent a new model but right at the moment they
want to follow up everything, which, of course, shows that it's not easy to
change the model. But I am confident that with a few conversations they can
consider other options.

I suggested to organize one day convergence after those 3 events.
How would you design it ? and who would you invite ?
I would love  to get ideas from you or what you did in a similar occasion

Christine