[OSList] OSACON, East & West: the recurring **online** (agile) Open Space conference

Daniel Mezick dan at newtechusa.net
Sun Oct 15 15:46:02 PDT 2017

Greetings All,

I have been quiet on the List lately, but rest assured, I'm still
causing trouble...

...Here is some **news**.

We have this monthly **online** Open Space conference event going now.
We call it OSACON.

There's **two** events actually: OSACON/West addresses The Americas and
Europe, while OSACON/East handles Asia Pacific time zones.

You can learn more at the OSACON web site listed below. We're using ZOOM
video to deliver a keynote and an **online** Open Space every time.

The Next **online** Open Space OSACON/West event is coming up 11/08 and
the author of ENGAGING EMERGENCE, Peggy Holman, is keynoting!!

(for the few who may not know, Peggy is a big part of the ORIGIN STORY
in the development of what we **now** call Open Space Technology.)

So you probably do not want to miss this one!!

You can learn more here & register: https://osacon.com/osacon-west/

<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fosacon.com%2Fosacon-west%2F&h=ATPfjyJW6EYWn356vM8FJdSinC6vMp0wACFGDGcUN0DfYJx1659eDBZZR5JKzHTJ5KXAwnwgS1kelIvH-L0xtRQUrBjWMnquf9rt4PuPm9hZ_HoA2EsUyjoa4sDBzhNawBBFy2qpu1KuwVzX9vltvu48hXzw7KaXBZvEBp7yAZyHBh57OBLcJsiJk91T2seW9rOYe4_ie7YR2yOCQ7TqtosnmARZ-emf6ULDXExISATVR3wAmuncWRCvrIIyCMmjCiWtkCWsb-5ZgCpsikdu7s2fga0><https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fosacon.com%2Fosacon-west%2F&h=ATPfjyJW6EYWn356vM8FJdSinC6vMp0wACFGDGcUN0DfYJx1659eDBZZR5JKzHTJ5KXAwnwgS1kelIvH-L0xtRQUrBjWMnquf9rt4PuPm9hZ_HoA2EsUyjoa4sDBzhNawBBFy2qpu1KuwVzX9vltvu48hXzw7KaXBZvEBp7yAZyHBh57OBLcJsiJk91T2seW9rOYe4_ie7YR2yOCQ7TqtosnmARZ-emf6ULDXExISATVR3wAmuncWRCvrIIyCMmjCiWtkCWsb-5ZgCpsikdu7s2fga0>
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fosacon.com%2Fosacon-west%2F&h=ATPfjyJW6EYWn356vM8FJdSinC6vMp0wACFGDGcUN0DfYJx1659eDBZZR5JKzHTJ5KXAwnwgS1kelIvH-L0xtRQUrBjWMnquf9rt4PuPm9hZ_HoA2EsUyjoa4sDBzhNawBBFy2qpu1KuwVzX9vltvu48hXzw7KaXBZvEBp7yAZyHBh57OBLcJsiJk91T2seW9rOYe4_ie7YR2yOCQ7TqtosnmARZ-emf6ULDXExISATVR3wAmuncWRCvrIIyCMmjCiWtkCWsb-5ZgCpsikdu7s2fga0>

*
About OSACON:*

The OSACON community is where the global community of Open activists
find each other– and interact.

We discover and then compose tools and techniques that encourage and
foster a “whole group” approach to getting rapid, authentic and lasting
Agile change.

People who attend OSACON are looking for better ways to get lasting
Agile change; that is: genuine and continuous improvement.

Our keynotes are selected for their ability to present original ideas,
be provocative in presentation, and successfully challenge the status
quo of the Agile Industry.

*We work from a short set of assumptions:*

** We seek continuous improvement in the way Agile is implemented
worldwide. In 2017, we see a huge opportunity to innovate and improve.

**We embrace Open, opt-in, invitational approaches that encourage higher
and higher levels of human engagement.

**We assume (perhaps incorrectly) that self-management is where
substantially all of the improvement is coming from when implementing
Agile change.

**We hold that that only engaged people can effectively self-manage. We
assert that authoritarian mandates, force and coercion kill engagement.
And when engagement dies, so does self-management… and with it the
potential for any real and lasting improvement.

**We recognize that mandated, forced and authoritarian approaches to
“Agile transformation” are fundamentally flawed and completely opposed
to Agile principles.

**We believe and acknowledge that “push” style Agile, as implemented
today, is an epic failure.

**We realize that self-management – not your framework – is what
actually scales.

If you like these assumptions, you are invited!

The recurring **online** OSACON event attracts some of the most
forward-thinking people in the Agile industry and the growing Open
movement. The format is “Open Space online” and usually includes a
keynote address from an intriguing thinker and do-er.

Previous keynotes include Harrison Owen, Mike Beedle, David Snowden and
more.

November 08, 2017.

I hope to see you there !!

--