[OSList] Brett Wood Podcast

Birgitt Williams via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Mon May 22 07:59:03 PDT 2017

Dear friends and colleagues in open space,
I am not sure if I picked up this point correctly or if my own filters
brought me to a perception that is not what was talked about.

I only wanted to add that from my perception of who we are, everything is
spirit. The old perception of spirit and nature, or spirit and matter, as
separate, doesn't seem to hold. Now, spirit vibrating at different
frequencies makes sense to me. And when I open space for spirit to do the
work of spirit, I have the sense that this is a bit arrogant. Does Spirit
really need me to open space....I don't think so. It may be true that when
I open space for spirit to do the work of spirit, it is only to create
awareness in the people involved of Spirit at work.

Years ago, when I began my experimenting with what is now called the
Genuine Contact Organization (my initial name for it was the Conscious Open
Space Organization) I was amazed at how beautifully Open Space Technology
always worked. I found that it worked because it opened a window of
awareness to what actually was so, what was occuring, what was
present.....every time.

Blessings to all...and to all for whom you open space,
Birgitt

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 4:23 AM Jan Hoglund via OSList <

> Hi Michael and all,
>

> Michael M Pannwitz wrote May 21, 2017:
>

> > Gunnar Hjelholt, the fellow who founded social psychology in Denmark,
> > spent time in a forced labor camp in Germany as a young man toward the
> > end of WWII. Reflections on that experience were published many years
> > later in: "Survival in the Organization".
>
> Wow! This seems to be a very interesting reference. I just bought the book.
>
> > So, to me, the "justification" you asked for, or the "reason", I would
> > ask, seems to be fairly clear in the context of what Gunnar has to
> > say... it has to do with the prevalence of the nature part of us that
> > creates oppressive systems.
>
> Yes! Two other references that come to my mind in relation to this are:
>
> 1) "The Battle for the Life and Beauty of the Earth: A Struggle Between
> Two World-Systems" by Christopher Alexander
>
> http://janhoglund.eu/book-review-the-battle-for-the-life-and-beauty-of-the-earth/
>
> Christopher Alexander states directly that ”we will not be able to make a
> living world, unless we put in place entirely new kinds of human
> organization and new operational assumptions, which … encourage beauty,
> health, and genuine humanity to be achieved” (p.57).
>
> 2) "Freedom to Live: The Robert Hartman Story" by Robert Hartman
> http://janhoglund.eu/book-review-freedom-to-live/
>
> Robert Hartman writes that the ”danger that threatens life” is the
> ”tremendous gap between those who think in terms of human values and those
> who think in the collective terms of non-human systems” (p.124).
>
> Thanks,
> Jan, Sweden

> Past archives can be viewed here:

Birgitt Williams

President & Senior Consultant of Dalar International Consultancy, Inc.

http://www.dalarinternational.com

Co-founder of the Extraordinary Leadership Network
http://www.extraordinaryleadershipnetwork.com

Co-founder of the Genuine Contact™program and author of The Genuine Contact
Way: Nourishing a Culture of Leadership
http://www.genuinecontactway.com

Co-owner of the Genuine Contact Co-owners Group Ltd.
http://www.genuinecontact.net

*Supporting leadership development for leading in a culture requiring
agility and flexibility in a performance environment of constant change.*

Leadership development at your own pace? Become a member of the
Extraordinary Leadership Network
http://www.extraordinaryleadershipnetwork.com to participate in an online
leadership development program designed to increase the leadership skills
and capacity you need to perform in a performance environment of constant
change.

PO Box 19373, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA 27619

phone: 1-919-522-7750