[OSList] Fwd: Re: Now what?

Michael M Pannwitz via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Jan 26 07:45:50 PST 2017

Dear Agota,

there is a story about Napoleon and his recurrent need for money to wage
his wars. The way to get the money was to raise taxes and send out folks
to make sure the taxes were paid. On the first occasion, people grumbled
and Napoleon was told by this tax collectors, keep going he said. One
war later, the taxes were raised again and people threw manure at the
tax collectors and chased them, keep going, Napoleon is reported to have
said. As the tax collectors went out to gather taxes for the third war,
they were greeted by crowds of hilariously laughing folks.
When Napoleon was informed, his response was: Oh no, now we have to be
careful.

 From a point of me as os-expert and steeped in matters of the forces of
selforganisaton, I am relaxed and know that exerting control is the most
effective way to reducing space... the more space is closed, the more
poisenous it gets... its the beginning of the selfdestruction of the
space closers.

And I would be surprised if it took 4 years!

 From my little corner in way-off Berlin
love and peace
mmp