[OSList] Globalization, open space and Open Space ! ?

Kai Degner via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sun Jan 8 20:30:24 PST 2017

Harrison's words remind me of Chapter 12 of the Third Edition of his book
on Open Space.  OS is practice to access a natural, supremely useful way of
being.

In today's context, I believe great good can come from the OS conveners on
this list being motivated more now than ever to share OS, and offer the
opportunity for people to practice.  Of course, the benefit of practicing
brings the Opportunity inherent in creating spaces for people to do good
while practicing.

How about 1,000 community OS's on topics that resonate locally, and
starting simply with one being in each of our communities (yours), on
themes that can serve our communities (you pick yours)?

In a similar spirit, I'm working on an experiment called The Listening
Corps, which I will introduce in a new thread on this listserv to spare the
detail here.  Simply, I picture a network of committed practitioners
working on individual and group listening skills. OS is a power tool on the
group listening tool belt. The short cut is here
http://kaidegner.com/introducing-listening-corps/

Thanks for listening -

Kai

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 6:38 PM, Tony Budak via OSList <

> The Call of Our Times
> Submitted by blietaer on September 3, 2010
> <?ui=2&ik=1939d062ad&view=att&th=15980736a93e4ceb&attid=0.0.1.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=0>
>
> On 1/8/2017 12:04 PM, Brett Barndt via OSList wrote:
>
> Very interesting. I can recommend Bernard Lietaer who writes about the
> role of our money form in generating, as if by emergence alone, this
> globalizing outcome. It turns out, there are certain aspects of its system
> dynamics that centralize power while globalizing reach.

*Thanks for listening!  -  *Kai Degner

Blogging, teaching, and musing at www.KaiDegner.com