[OSList] Research OST

Harold Shinsato via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Wed Feb 22 15:38:08 PST 2017

Hi Hege,

I'm in correspondence with professor Emma Bell who is currently
researching Open Space in the context of the "Unconference" movement,
and she and her associate in the U.K. are doing some ongoing research in
this area. I have an early copy of their research. I'll let you know if
there is an update of when there will be something that can be shared
more broadly.

One book that might be interesting for academic research into Open Space
is the use of Game Theory to think about the value of circle processes.
The book is called Ratual Ritual: Culture, Coordination, and Common
Knowledge, by Michael Suk-Young Chwe who teaches game theory at the
political science department of UCLA. (Thank you to Daniel Mezick for
finding this book!)

https://www.amazon.com/Rational-Ritual-Culture-Coordination-Knowledge/dp/0691114714

Emma found that the research is limited for Open Space. But there is a
non-trivial amount that has been compiled by the community in the past
here: http://openspaceworld.org/wp2/explore/open-space-research/

     Regards,
     Harold

On 2/22/17 8:54 AM, Hege Steinsland via OSList wrote:
> Hello.
> I`m working on an article about the experience with OST in Norwegian work- places, in particular municipalities.
> I wonder if there are som kind of overview of earlier research on the field, published and unpublished
>
> Would be great :-)
>
> All the best
> Hege Steinsland

Harold Shinsato