[OSList] Open Space and Introverts

Ron Quartel via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sat Aug 26 09:19:09 PDT 2017

I had an interesting chat a few days ago with someone that identifies as an
introvert. They made this statement which has me somewhat confused and
perplexed - "Introverts do not like Open Space".

Now - I know that for the broadest definition of an introvert that is not
true. Because I myself am an introvert and I love Open Space. Like all
mental categories, introversion I assume is on a scale. So perhaps a better
statement from this individual may have been - for more extreme introverts,
Open Space can be uncomfortable and is not viewed as a safe environment for
me to express myself. (I need to run this statement by said individual to
see if they can confirm if this statement better represents their
intention.)

Is this indeed true however? It is at least for one person I know. So my
questions are:
- has anyone else encountered this opinion?
- If so, what percentage of the average population do you think would feel
this way?
- Is there anything we can do to make these extreme introverts to feel
comfortable and safe to share?

Any thoughts and advice appreciated.

Ron Quartel