[OSList] OS at work

Daniel Mezick via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sat Sep 3 07:10:34 PDT 2016

Ironically the use of enterprise-wide Open Space events is rather
limited in so-called "Agile transformations" worldwide. I wonder if this
has anything to do at all with authority's fear of "enterprise wide
truth-telling" about the conduct of the Agile adoption.

"Everyone-invited, at-least-one-day, enterprise-wide Open Space events
that inspect the Agile adoption itself..." ...this is something only a
few folks have experienced. Oddly. Right?

For example, at Agile Israel as the closing keynote, I had the
opportunity to ask 600++ Agile folks the following question:

"How many folks here have ever attended an 'at-least-one-day,
enterprise-wide retrospective on the Agile adoption itself?'  "

All of 4 hands went up. 4 out of 600++. Lots of crickets chirping in the
room.

I left out the "everyone-invited" part, so there was at least some small
chance of a response.

Those gears of progress in the Agile community do grind slowly...if at all.

Just saying.

Question: What's the set of impediments between the status-quo, and
making enterprise-wide retrospectives in Open Space a common practice
inside so-called "Agile transformations?"

Perhaps periodic, everyone-invited, enterprise-wide Agile-adoption
retrospectives in Open Space is just a dumb idea. Not at all aligned
with Agile principles, etc.

Daniel

--
Daniel Mezick