[OSList] Please complete NCDD's field-wide inventory if you haven't already!

Sandy Heierbacher via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Wed Nov 30 07:30:07 PST 2016

Hi, OST friends!  Back in August, we announced NCDD’s field-wide inventory survey, and some of you took the time to complete this important survey (THANK YOU!!) — but not nearly enough.

The deadline to complete the inventory is next Wednesday, and we’d really like to see high levels of participation from the broader dialogue and hosting community!

Now, more than ever, it’s vital for us to be able to say, with some authority, how large our field is, how many dialogues are held on an annual basis, involving how many people, and so on.  We want to know what approaches you are trained in, which ones you tend to use, and which ones you train others in.  We’d like to know which online tools you find most useful, and what factors influence your decisions about which collaborative projects you’ll get involved in.

And true to NCDD style, we want to share this information widely.  If enough people complete the survey, we may also be able to use the data to launch an online map that helps potential clients connect with YOU based on model, issue, and location.

 - If you are filling out the inventory for yourself, complete the Inventory for Individuals:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/inventory-i

 - If you are filling out the inventory for your organization, complete the Inventory for Organizations:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/inventory-o

Please do take the time to complete this survey in the next week if you haven’t already.  We want to this inventory to represent the WHOLE field!

Sandy Heierbacher
Founding Director, National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation
sandy at ncdd.org • www.ncdd.org • @ncdd & @heierbacher