[OSList] Opening Space for Listening, after the US election

Lucas Cioffi via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Nov 17 05:04:37 PST 2016

Hi Everyone,

Whether their side won or lost, I see that many of my friends across the
political spectrum are hurting for reasons that may surprise the other
side. People have stories they want heard.

One powerful way to change minds is to tell your story to someone who has a
different perspective, so I'm setting up a month of nightly video chat
breakout tables that are open & free: http://americantownhalls.org/
*These 30-minute interactive video chats start tonight and happen each
evening at 7:30pm Eastern through December 17th.*  Please drop in anytime.
This is opening space but not OST; the format is breakout tables with no
specific topics selected.

If you know an American military veteran who may want to host the space one
evening, there's a volunteer sign-up form at the bottom of the page (see
link above).  This is also an experiment in seeing how people who have
little formal training in dialogue can open space.

Lucas Cioffi
Charlottesville, VA
Mobile: 917-528-1831