[OSList] Free Tech Tuesday event at noon EST today on Trusted Sharing platform for World Cafe, Open Space & more

Sandy Heierbacher via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Tue Jun 28 07:43:16 PDT 2016

Hi, folks!  I wish I had thought to do this sooner, but some of you may be interested in joining us on today’s Tech Tuesday call at noon Eastern / 9am Pacific.

We’re featuring the online platform “Trusted Sharing,” which has been designed to enable online conversations to take place built on facilitation methods such as World Cafe, Technology of Participation (ToP) and Open Space Technology.  It’s a free platform, and our Tech Tuesday events are also free — whether you’re an NCDD member or not.

More details are below.  You can register now at http://ncdd.org/community/techtuesreg-june2016 to receive the call-in details.

Sandy Heierbacher
Director, National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation
sandy at ncdd.org • www.ncdd.org • @ncdd & @heierbacher

Join us this October 14-16 in Boston for NCDD2016! What are NCDD conferences like?  See for yourself at www.tinyurl.com/ncdd2014vid.

Register for June Tech Tuesday featuring Trusted Sharing
Add Comment
Posted by Courtney Breese  |  May 31st, 2016

Registration is now open for June’s Tech Tuesday event featuring Trusted Sharing. Join us for this FREE event Tuesday, June 28th from 12:00-1:00pm Eastern/9:00-10:00am Pacific.

Trusted Sharing is a free, asynchronous platform that allows people to host deeper, more coherent online conversations using specific facilitation methods such as World Café, TOP and Open Space.

Contemporary research highlights how essential high quality conversations are in our complex Information Age; yet our current online exchanges often fall short of our hopes and expectations. Trusted Sharing is trying to change that. Early adopters of this new platform have been educators, consultants, bloggers, facilitators and small businesses. It is user-friendly and good for informal groups that want to extend their interaction time through online conversations.

Teachers have used Trusted Sharing to launch the learning experience prior to the first in person class. A consultant commented that she could cut the amount of in person time down by 40-50% by using Trusted Sharing to gather online thoughts first. A blogger was able to answer questions that readers had and add depth to his blog. A coaching training academy is using Trusted Sharing as a way to catalogue conversations and make decisions across multiple informal groups they interact with.

Joining us for this call will be NCDD member Duncan Work, founder and CEO of Trusting Sharing, and Ruth Backstrom, Director of Marketing and Outreach. Duncan and Ruth will provide a brief overview of the tool and demonstrate how it can be used with several case studies. They are collaborating with a number of facilitators, thought leaders, educators, and others to bring more coherent, effective conversations into old and new realms like nonprofits, schools, businesses, blogs and public online spaces, and they will talk more about this on the call.

For an overview of the benefits and potential for Trusted Sharing in different contexts, you may peruse this overview and the Trusted Sharing website.

Don’t miss this opportunity – register today!

Tech Tuesdays are a series of learning events from NCDD focused on technology for engagement. These 1-hour events are designed to help dialogue and deliberation practitioners get a better sense of the online engagement landscape and how they can take advantage of the myriad opportunities available to them. You do not have to be a member of NCDD to participate in our Tech Tuesday learning events.