[OSList] who are the right people

christopher macrae via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sun Jun 12 14:41:19 PDT 2016

"the people who come are the right people" but sometimes doesnt that depend on how much work has been done on the invitation process to include all sides including those who may not know they are part of the broeken systems
i guess when an open space is about a local community issue its relatively simple to see whether everyone has been included but
 my main concern is on issues only global youth can mobilise if sustainability is to be our future - and yet while i am interested in movements that empower youth  (sytarting with creating jobs) i also see sustainability -whether we win it or lose it - as an intergenerational compound crisis -
does the generation of trump or clinton understand how much they have presided over designing non-sustainable systems?  has mass tv media becomes such an intergenerational liar that we no longer have enough bases for intergenerational trust?  what 5000 people invitation to open space would maximise a movement of networks to combat the national rifle association at least on selling assault guns-
 here are these systems that seem so broken - are we deceiving youth in implying that enough elders will ever come to celebrate youth's best endeavors
I also have a suspicion that eg hackathons viralise their invitations  and get extraordinary collections of young participants in ways that open space invitation agents may need to get smarter at - if intergenerational space is to be convened as much as the coming decade of tipping points will require
just thinking aloud- any views?chris macraewww.globalyouth50000.com