[OSList] OST for big changes in company

Michael M Pannwitz via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Mon Jun 6 02:34:15 PDT 2016

Dear Karolina,

here I am tickled to react to your question especially in context with
Bhavs note:

I think that there is a much easier way to have the sponsor find out
whether ost fits his situation, its really of no importance if I as
facilitator find out whether it fits.
Simply go through the preconditions for an open space event that has at
its nucleus the attempt to widen the space for the forces of
selforganisation to unfold:

--- is attendance voluntary?
--- is it an open question?
--- is it a complex issue (not simply a complicated matter)?
--- is there sufficient diversity as far as participants is concerned?
--- is it a situation of conflict?
--- is it urgent?

In case the sponsor finds all preconditions sufficently in place I as
faciliator give him all the promises we usually list.
I have found this approach to entail the least amount of work for me and
keeps all the responsibility where it should be, with the sponsor.

Have a sunny week
greetings from Berlin
mmp