[OSList] The Question

Daniel Mezick via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sat Jan 30 15:40:35 PST 2016

I now have experience Googling "Open Space Technology."

The 1st line of Google results for "Open Space Technology" is the
Wikipedia entry. Here is the 1st sentence:

Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*Open*_*Space*_*Technology*
Wikipedia
/
"Open Space Technology/ (OST) is an approach to purpose-driven leadership."

This is perhaps not the most authoritative definition for OST. Yet it is
certainly the most accessible definition worldwide, and presumably the
definition that the majority of searchers on Google do actually find,
and reference.

A quick search of "purpose driven leadership" yields the following first
result: here is the link and the opening lines:

https://hbr.org/2014/05/from-purpose-to-impact
" Over the past five years, there’s been an explosion of interest in
purpose-driven leadership. Academics argue persuasively that an
executive’s most important role is to be a steward of the organization’s
purpose. Business experts make the case that purpose is a key to
exceptional performance, while psychologists describe it as the pathway
to greater well-being."

Etc, etc.

Further down in the text, the HBR article "kind-of," "sort-of," defines
"purpose driven leadership" ....

"At its core, your leadership purpose springs from your identity, the
essence of who you are."

Etc etc.