[OSList] lecturing on OST???

Thomas Herrmann via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Jan 21 23:19:15 PST 2016

Hi Raffi-Jan

Great thread!

I add my million dollars…

I always offer an experience in situations like this. Mostly I facilitate a high quality pre-meeting (using Whole Person Process Facilitation, WPPF). The meeting normally lasts for 6 hours and invites the most “important” stakeholders to a great start. After the meeting they have everything they need to create an irresistible invitation and there are inspired ambassadors spreading the word – that this is something really important!

In the meeting we look at the story, the present situation of the organization and then plan the process they are going into - using the Medicine Wheel Tool (purpose, leadership, vision/goals, community, management). The whole person “container” invites much of the whole person to contribute, starting with transfer in/Hopes and fears to invite people to choose to show up and be present. The content is facilitated inviting different abilities/intelligencies/types of learning giving all participants more possibilities to contribute with their best. This also creates much variation which keeps the energy high throughout the meeting. Also, before the meeting, I invite participants to look at “my” video 11 mts showing how an OST meeting might look, then we talk a bit more about the method as part of the meeting. Direct link. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_WmctEWkRI>

I love the other ideas in this thread, which of course can be very useful too, depending on the situation.

Have fun

THomas