[OSList] The Question

Daniel Mezick via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Mon Feb 1 05:06:57 PST 2016

Greetings to One and All,

Koos strongly implies these items are essential to OST:

  * Law of Two Feet
  * Absence of any agenda at start

...note that I purposely do not say, I avoid saying:  "..at start of
Opening Circle" or "...at start of opening circle", or ....

.... well, you get the idea (I think.)

I wonder who joins with Koos on these two points. I wonder if there are
other essential items.

I wonder if it is heresy for Koos to speak with authority on what is
essential to OST, and what is not.

Regarding dogma, if there is a culturally enforced rule here prohibiting
dogma, this rule is "dogma about dogma,", or "dogma qua dogma."

Savez-vous pourquoi? Est-ce pas?

Daniel

Koos says:

And: there are gatherings I have seen and other gatherings that people
have talked to me about, that were called Open Space but did not open
the space very much. Because *there was **no Law of Two Feet*, and/or
because *there was a preset agenda*, that kind of thing.

*There are a few things that make up the essence of Open Space* and if
you take those away, you can of course go ahead and have fun with your
meeting, but don’t call it Open Space.

(203) 915 7248. Bio. <http://www.DanielMezick.com/> Blog.