[OSList] a substantial difference

Birgitt Williams via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Mon Aug 15 12:36:09 PDT 2016

Great points about authentic invitation to engage...and cultural
differences. To this part of the conversation, I add the concept of
'informed consent'. If I am extended an authentic invitation, and I reflect
about whether my energy feels in harmony with it or not, I have a certain
amount and quality of information that I need so that I am making an
authentic consent to show up and fully engage. What is the information that
I need so I can go beyond simply accepting the invitation....to providing
informed consent? Even in cultures where there are reprisals for stepping
out as an individual, I may choose to participate based on informed consent
including of the risks to me.

And to Michael's points about self organization...there is a possibility of
something that I don't call self organization. Within the enabling
conditions created for engagement, there are options for people to feel
inspired to access their personal leadership, alignment with the collective
vision, sense of being in community with each other and self management.
Spirit at work....if through our personal leadership we allow it to be so.

There is a connection between authentic invitation, informed consent,
personal leadership for engagement, and allowing Spirit to do the work of
Spirit.

Warmly,
Birgitt

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 7:39 AM Bhavesh Patel via OSList <