[OSList] Hosting the next OSonOSinOZ 2016 -- Melbourne -- Friday 9th December

Michael M Pannwitz via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Wed Aug 10 00:33:41 PDT 2016

Dear Andrew,

wish I could join, know you will productively enjoy yourself!

"Whoever comes are the right people"
has a different meaning for me than
"whoever comes is the right people" .

In
"Whoever comes are the right people"
the focus is on each one that comes

In
"Whoever comes is the right people"
the focus is on "people" in the sense of "the people of Melbourne"

While the man with the hat might have had something else in mind and
appears to have been a sage artist with language, I like his original
version that focuses on the crowd.

Of course, this raises the question of the situation in which only one
person comes. Is that person than present as an individual or as a
community? In that context, I remember another sage giant who lived
centuries ago saying:

"No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee."

Greetings from sunny Berlin
mmp