[OSList] New: Group Pattern langage in French

christine koehler via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Wed Apr 6 06:35:52 PDT 2016

Thank you very much Vini for your answer.

I love the way you use them !
Those are very good examples of using the deck in training in a fully
participative way : having the participants select their own criteria/paths
for improvements and then making them discuss together  the way or ways to
achieve that in their own context. Top !

Christine

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 11:44 PM, Vinícius Miranda <viniciusmss at live.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> By mistake I answered only to Christine. I paste below my original
> response and a follow-up response when she asked more information about it.
>
> Hi Christine and others,
>
> Among other uses, one particularly interesting way of applying the cards
> was in Collective Story Harvesting processes. When in workshops about
> facilitation, leadership or similar topics, using the patterns as lens in a
> CSH makes the learning come both ways: through the story and through the
> lens. With some patterns some creativity needs to be applied so it can be
> universal enough to fit a story, but usually it works amazingly well.
>
> Warmly,
> Vini, from Brazil
>
> ----
>

> Hi Christine,
>
> oh, that was a mistake indeed. I am going to send the e-mail again with
> the list cc'ed in a moment.
>
> In the process I run, I spread the cards over the ground or on a table and
> ask participants to select cards over some criteria (e.g. patterns that are
> really important to you, patterns that you miss in the groups you
> participate, patterns that you need to practice, etc.). Usually I ask for 3
> cards, and then I ask them to narrow it down to 1 card. That is a way of
> doing something like a Participatory Needs Assessment, which means that it
> enables me as a facilitator to see what are the "hot topics" in the room.
> It usually helps me to understand better the group and how I can be of
> service.
>
> About CSH, I ask participants to hold the card they've chosen and their
> lens to listen to the story. If there are questions on how to adapt the
> card to a lens, we resolve this prior to listening to the story. For
> example, card "All grist for the mill" could mean the points on the story
> where people have been flexible, adaptable, or have used what could be
> considered bad/sad moment to their learning or to their advantage in the
> end. As all the patterns are fractals, usually you can use their meaning as
> a lens. Except from this, I run the CSH as usual (storytelling, reflecting
> back, how was it for the teller, how was it for the listeners, and in the
> case of more than one storytelling circle, a meta-harvest where similars
> lenses talk usually in a world-café format). This brings a wonderful
> learning experience both through the story and personal connection but also
> on applying the pattern as a lens in real-life situations.
>
> Does this bring more clarity to you?
> Any other way I can be of service?
>
> And yes, I am an AoH practioneer :-)
>
> All the best,
> Vini
>
> ------------------------------
> To: chris.alice.koehler at gmail.com; oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
> Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 16:08:40 -0600
> Subject: Re: [OSList] New: Group Pattern langage in French
> From: oslist at lists.openspacetech.org

> [...]

[image: Christine Koehler, créatrice d'espace de Dialogue et de Coopération]
 Executive Coach, Facilitatrice en intelligence collective
 www.christine-koehler.fr
 Tel :  06 13 28 71 38
  Fax :    09  72  32 36  65
<http://christine-koehler.fr/2013/formation-de-levenement-au-processus-avril-2013/>