[OSList] Bar Camp?

Daniel Mezick via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Wed Sep 16 06:40:58 PDT 2015

Bar Camp history does not support the idea that BarCamp precedes OST
development:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BarCamp#History
The first BarCamp was held in Palo Alto, California
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palo_Alto,_California>, from August
19–21, 2005

So interesting also, that the name derives (indirectly) from "foobar"...ha
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BarCamp#History
The name /BarCamp/ is a playful allusion to the event's origins, with
reference to the programmer slang term, foobar
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foobar>: BarCamp arose as an
open-to-the-public alternative to Foo Camp
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_Camp>, which is an annual
invitation-only participant-driven conference hosted by Tim O'Reilly
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_O%27Reilly>.

"Foo camp" which preceded Bar Camp also came much later than OST:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_Camp
The first FOO Camp was held in August, 2003, and had approximately 200
attendees.^

Daniel
www.openspaceagility.com/about

--